Term coined by Ralph Barton Perry (1876-1957) for the idea that all our knowledge of the world must take the form of mental representations within our own minds (sensations, images, ideas, and so on), which the mind then operates upon in various ways.
Thus we can never have any direct contact with reality outside our minds, and so, it seems, may not be justified even in thinking it exists.
The predicament faces various kinds of empiricism, which are in danger of slipping into solipsism.
R B Perry, ‘The Egocentric Predicament’, Journal of Philosophy, Psychology and Scientific Method (1910), later called Journal of Philosophy. Reprinted in W G Muelder and L Sears, eds, The Development of American Philosophy (1940)
Table of Contents
- 1 Videos
- 2 Related Products
- 2.1 The Egocentric Predicament [Explicit]
- 2.2 The Egocentric Predicament
- 2.3 Egocentric Predicament EP
- 2.4 Egocentric Predicament (Original Mix)
- 2.5 Egocentric Predicament
- 2.6 Egocentric Predicament (feat. 2blackkk) [Explicit]
- 2.7 Egocentric Predicament (Original Mix)
- 2.8 The Miniature Guide to Critical Thinking Concepts & Tools (Thinker's Guide Library)
- 2.9 Speck Of Dust (Revisited)
- 2.10 One Legging it Around got Predicament? - Men's Funny Soft Adult Tee T-Shirt, Black, XX-Large
The Egocentric Predicament
- Dryer, Roddy J. (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 338 Pages - 09/22/2008 (Publication Date) - PublishAmerica (Publisher)
The Miniature Guide to Critical Thinking Concepts & Tools (Thinker's Guide Library)
- Foundation for Critical Thinking
- Paul, Richard (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 24 Pages - 01/01/2016 (Publication Date) - The Foundation for Critical Thinking (Publisher)
One Legging it Around got Predicament? - Men's Funny Soft Adult Tee T-Shirt, Black, XX-Large
- SOFT AND STYLISH - This is the softest shirt you will ever wear. It features an amazingly cool and soft feel. Say goodbye to those itchy and scratchy shirts from the old days. This piece of apparel will keep you looking stylish and hip. Speaking of stylish, these make a great gift for any day. Who wouldn't love this as a gift on Christmas, Father's Day, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, Boss's Day, or even a Birthday!
- GREAT QUALITY AND DURABLE - Our t-shirt's quality is top notch. It features 100% cotton at a weight of 6oz for a nice solid feel. Durable you ask? Well yes it is! It features double-needle stitching throughout as well as a taped shoulder-to-shoulder hem for a strong construction base. Lastly, its seamless collar makes sure you are totally comfortable in it. This shirt definitely won't fall apart in the wash and it feels like a hug as you wearing it.
- THE PRINT - These are printed with care upon ordering. We've been doing this for a while so we have honed our skills and you will get the finest t-shirt we can offer you. The design you see is printed on the front centered chest, just like shown. Fear not. We've thought of everything with this product.
- WHERE IS IT MADE? - Although the shirt itself may have been milled in multiple countries, a thorough inspection is done here in the USA. Once approved your item is printed by our trained staff and shipped directly to you right from the Good ol' USA. We take care in our craftsmanship and quality and will only deliver you a premium quality product.
- WHAT SIZE IS IT? - Remember when Mom used to ask you if you had enough room in the crotch for your pants? Well this is no different. Make sure you reference our size chart graphic to make sure you have enough room in your armpit area. Nothing worse than ordering a shirt that is too small or too big. We recommend measuring a shirt you already own and comparing the dimensions to our graphic to guarantee you a perfect fit.
Last update 2020-05-31. Price and product availability may change.